Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Oh my heart!

As my first missionary companion in Oregon would say, Oh My Heart!  She used this phrase to describe something that she loved and touched her.  I use it in the same manner now. 

Kaden is surprising me daily with how sweet and caring he is.  Tonight, we were getting ready for bed in Kaden and Sophie's bedroom.  I explained to Kaden that I was going to put Sophie to bed so he proceeded to turn off the lights and close the door to the room for me.  But just as he was closing the door he said "wait, Sophie needs her light!"  (He and Sophie have little Ikea night lights, I LOVE THEM and so do the kids.  On nights that Kaden or Sophie or BOTH wake up, it's nice to have those little lights on.)  Sophie's light was charging and Kaden couldn't disconnect it.  I went to help him but his big sweet heart said this, "Oh, she can have mine."  So, he got his night light and gave it to her, which she loved.  OH MY HEART.  Sometimes I can't believe the capacity for love this little boy's heart has. 
And before that, Scott had just gotten back from work and was exhausted.  He laid down on the floor and stayed there.  Kaden came to him after a while and said "Are you okay daddy? "  Scott told Kaden that daddy was fine, just tired.  Kaden said okay and then hugged him.  I don't know that I fully captured that moment with my words, but it was an Oh My Heart moment. 

No comments: